Subscribe to RSS feeds

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Theatre or Cinema?

Both to fulfill your entertainment lust… Present play or film that have actors playing roles. Pretty much the same in its content. Which one is my choice?

Definitely cinema…I’m a normal typical Malaysian teenager that adores cinema. A get together with new and old friends are always at cinema. Why, you ask? Simple… A cinema with all the pre-recorded and pre-edited materials shown enables me to watch the film easily. And with the condition in cinema itself where the little etiquette needed like no noise and no recording are easy to be followed. Besides that the cost of going to cinema is low especially to students. All range of people from veterans, youngsters or even the rich or poor can enjoy the film in cinema.

In contrast, a theatre to me sound a little extravagant as to me a theatre is very exclusive. Its exclusiveness I am talking about is in term of the protocol needed in order to watch and enjoys the play and the setting of theatre itself where it is big and beautiful. Almost all the audience are very powerful people, some really enjoying it and some just for social acceptance in the upper-class society. So that’s why theatre is just not my type YET. But I have to admit that now there are some theatre that are welcoming to all type of people here in Malaysia. Maybe someday I will be enjoying theatre..

1 comments:

Siti Nur Adnin Salleh said...

I guess I'd fall into the category of normal typical Malaysian teenager that adores cinema. I really enjoying myself when watching movie rather than theatre. Maybe because I only have seen a play so it can't be compared to the movies that i have watched. So, until then, I do love the colourful world of movies...

Post a Comment