Subscribe to RSS feeds

Friday, March 20, 2009

Great Teacher Rahimah...


Don't get fooled by the title of this post ya...It's untrue I think...
Okay first I want to share my experience in teaching 'Oedipus The King'. I decided after 3 days notice that I want to teach the characteristic of a king and Oedipus to my class mates. I think that is the easiest and most interesting thing to be taught to students. I prepared 2 simple exercises and 1 homework for my classmates that I will call my students. (like they will do the homework).

My set induction is about how well my students can describe the characteristics of king. How they can identify a good or a bad king. in exercise 1, I let the students to fill in the blank while I read the text. This way, students should be able to understand the exttracts that I gave. Their ability and understanding of the extract then will help them to identify characteristic of Oedipus in exercise 2. So, they will find it easier to do the exercises.

On exercise 3, I gave them a task of deciding whether Oedipus is a bad king or not based on their knowledge of Oedipus characteristics and the characteristic of a good and bad king. I also asked them to do the short essay about their opinion on how Oedipus can be described as a good king or not.


But to tell you the truth I have never experienced the kind of lesson in school because my teacher had never done this 3 stages of teaching. they usually just taught the lesson by just giving the notes or asked us to copy the notes given. hardly they explain further about the lesson and set induction is rarely done. But I will try my best to change this way of teaching and apply the methods i learnt in my class.

0 comments:

Post a Comment