Subscribe to RSS feeds

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hush....It's a Secret...


When my ‘Kokurikulum Berkredit’ instructor told us that we will be going to watch a play on 7th March, I was absolutely happy as I will be able to fulfill two tasks, for my ‘KOKO’ and for ‘DRAMA’ class. A few days later, my lovely most sweetest course mates inform that they will be going to watch a play also on either 7th or 8th March. It turns out we will be watching the same play at KLPAC.

Arriving at KLPAC, the 1st thing I notice is a question “Are You A KLPAC Virgin”. I’m happy to tell the world I’m now no longer a ‘virgin’ to KLPAC.hehehe

Okay back to the theatre itself. Hurm….where do I start?? The play involve only two character, Hamlet and Ophelia. O wait..I forgot to mention the play “2SOMES: The Secret Love Life of Ophelia”. Again, the two characters act in a setting so simple and minimal that we have to use our imagination to interpret what they are doing. The dialogues are so beautiful, enchanting and soothing for us to listen. Sometimes I got lost in between the dialogues as the was so captivating, the words are so beautifully organized.

Secret lovers, Ophelia and Hamlet did all their best to keep it a secret as major problems occur once their feelings become known to others. Oh how grueling it is for them to maintain their relationship only over phones, letters and mails. They confess only with words and have to imagine how they can profess their love. Imagine love making over the phone…(if you know what I mean)…
Well the play was worth to watch as the actors have played their role beautifully…

Oh Hamlet thy voice are so manly I fall in love with you…
Oh my sweetest the most dearest Ophelia, you are as beautiful as the sun shining…

0 comments:

Post a Comment