Subscribe to RSS feeds

Saturday, March 7, 2009

You are so wretched Oedipus....


What can you say about fate.. sometimes if we face bad experience in our life, we say that it is fated. Can’t we just dodge the bad omens that happen to us? Is fate fixed? Then, what’s the point of making an effort if it is already fated that you will turn to be some way?

Case in point: Oedipus… A prophet said he is fated to kill his own father and bed his mama. He tried to escape from it but unfortunately whatever he did brings him back the fate he is meant for. Here, to me is so tragic that it brings me down a little. It makes me questioned myself, that if I work so hard but in the end what if I fail to achieve what I want because of the fate that does not allow me to be so.

Furthermore, what if one day my students tell me, “Teacher, I don’t want to study, the result I am going to get is already fated early on.” On that time, what should I say? This puzzle me a lot as I can't understand the real meaning of fate and unable to explain it. Maybe I should ask more to my lecture and other intelects so that the answer is known to me. This is because as a youngster, it is hard for me to think deeply on my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment